Saturday 18 April 2015

NYX MERCI BEAUCOUP EYE SHADOW PALETTE




The other day, as usual I went for a buggy walk with Lear. Suddenly the NYX Cosmetics booth appeared in front of my very eyes.

Back in London, NYX isn't a brand that can get hold of easily. In Hong Kong, it's a different story. NYX and I always manage to bump into each other.

I couldn't resist this eye shadow palette. 9 colors for the price of HK $150, approx. £13; it's a bargain if you ask me.  

There are 12 palettes to choose from in this range but I chose Merci Beaucoupe.  I love the fact that this is a neutral earth tone shade palette (who doesn't love one of these), but I was particularly drawn to the coppery red shade (my recent favourite).

I must say though, when I swatched these, the colour pay off isn't that great compared to other eye shadows but there are some good colours in this palette, e.g. number 5.  On the pan it looks just like a boring kind of dark brown shade but when swatched, it has a slightly burgundy undertone.

I used it once soon after I bought it and I must say I'm impressed by the quality.  When applied on the eyelids using brushes, the colours transfer really well, it's pigmented and very easy to blend.  Shade no. 8 is always a great matte shade used as a highlighter!  Such a versatile, purse friendly and high quality eye shadow palette.

What eye shadow palette have you bought recently?






No comments:

Post a Comment