Wednesday 18 February 2015

TWO KOREAN CONCEALERS


Korean makeup and skincare products are everywhere in Hong Kong.  I tried a few and bought a ton back a few years ago when I first visited South Korea.  

Recently I gave two korean beauty brands a go of their concealers (I love finding a good concealer!) and here's simply what I think of them.

First up, Clio has a relatively well established counter in Watson's and it really attracted me to pick up a couple of products.  The Kill Cover Pro Artist Liquid Concealer was what I tried.  I like that it has a dover applicator so the application is relatively easy and straight forward.  I don't mind it so much about bacteria stays on the applicator because my face is usually cleaned when I apply my makeup in the morning.  Anyway... This concealer has quite a thick consistency, which compares well with the well loved Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.  However, it does finish off quite cakey, and definitely not ideal to use as an under eye concealer.  It makes those eye bags jump out even more if anything.  I would use it as pin-pointing concealer for covering up spots, blemishes and marks because of its high coverage.


I have heard a lot of good things about the 3CE Full Cover Concealer so when I saw 3CE's counter in my local shopping mall, I didn't think twice before saying yes to this concealer.  It didn't disappoint me as I think it is suitable to use as an all-round concealer - good for under the eyes and pin-pointing concealing.  





The consistency is quite similar to the Clio's one, being quick thick but when it's blended out with either a brush or using fingers, it brightens off the complexion a little bit whilst giving good coverage to whatever you are trying to cover.  It's not cakey and doesn't dry the skin like the Clio's one does.

I'm so pleased about my Korean beauty finds!

Have you tried either of these concealers?  What's your current favourite concealer?


2 comments: