Wednesday 5 November 2014

LANOLIPS: ONE GOOD AND ONE BAD




Lanolips,  an Australian brand which I have heard so much positive reviews about its wide range of products.  Aside from all the raves received, I also have a good impression of products from down south, purely because of its reputation of injecting natural ingredients in skincare and beauty products.

I think I've waited for long enough to finally have chosen two Lanolips products to give them a properly test.  The end result, one good and one bad.

Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid with Organic Lemon Oil - I'm always looking out for the most hydrating and moisturising lip balm as I suffer from chapped lips all the darn time.  I had high expectation of this product as I have heard such fantastic things about it that it actually cures very dry lips, so that's great news as it sounds like right up my street.  However, when I adopted this from my sister (@forksandbrushes) as she didn't find it impressive, I had mixed feelings about it.

Anyway, now that I have tried it for a little while; I absolutely loved using it!  Recently (in the past 4-5 months at least) I had to exfoliate my lips on a daily basis and with a constant routine of applying lip balm, it wouldn't improve the situation.  Then things have changed dramatically since I introduced Lanolips lip aid, my chapped lips seem to have completely been transformed.

I use it around twice a day, especially before I go to bed I put on an extra thick layer.  The next day when I wake up I found my lips felt much smoother and moisturised, there's hardly any dead skin lurking.  This product has got quite a thick and creamy texture however it is absorbed by the lips so quickly, the product seems to really have penetrated through the surface.  I love the perfume of it, too - it's very lemony which reminds me of a yummy lemon meringue cake or a lemon curd tart!  Continued using it I have become totally detached from my lips exfoliator.  It's definitely a first for me.  I'll keep using it and see if it's able to see me through the winter!

Lanolips Antibacterial Hand Cream - I had rather high hopes for this hand cream.  I enjoy using multi-purpose products.  This one, not only works as a hand cream it also has anti-bacterial function.  What a clever idea!  However, after using it for a short while, I found that my hands became allergic to it and as a result there were some minor rashes and caused itchiness.  I am not sure which ingredients in this have caused it, but here's a list of all the ingredients in this hand cream:

Ingredients:

Water, Lanolin, C12-15 Allkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Ethylhexylmethoxy cinnamate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzophenone - 3, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Butylmethoxydibenzoyl Methane, Ceteth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
I don't find this hand cream particularly moisturising either.... and whether or not it has the effect of anti-bacteria; I remain doubtful, too as the reactions I have suffered from as a result of using it.  I have stopped using it completely and despite looking for other body parts I could use it; I'm quite worried that it would cause further irritations to my skin so I'm afraid I'll have to say goodbye to it!

Have you tried any products by Lanolips?  What's your favourite or (un)favourite?



No comments:

Post a Comment