Thursday 1 August 2013

Current Favourites #2: Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara


Max Factor's Clump Defy mascara should become a must-have staple beauty product for every short eye lashes' girl.  I have very short and non-curly lashes (even with the help from an effective eyelash curler such as Shu Uemura's), they remain short and un-noticeable.

Until I tried Max Factor's Clump Defy Mascara, I have been completely blown away by it.

Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara is apparently the same as its American sister brand by Cover Girl's Clump Crush by LashBlast Mascara.  You can really spot the similarity, both of them have a chubby-tube design, one is purple and the other is green.  In terms of packaging, I prefer the Max Factor one.


Image source: Cover Girl website























The formula of the mascara is more on the dry side which is actually something that I prefer.  I don't like it when the mascara liquid inside the tube is too liquidy which often makes applying mascara a messy act.

I also like the wand which is a plastic bristle type brush, with a moon crescent design.  It makes application much easier as the crescent design mimics the shape of the eyelashes so when you brush the mascara through the lashes, it's not awkward or anything.


Max Factor claims that this mascara 'volumises and allows you to saturate your lashes with stroke upon stroke of mascara to achieve more volume while still maintaining beautifully separated and defined lashes without clumping'.  I can put my hand on heart to say that after trying and tested it for over 1.5 months, every single word of this claim was true and honest.  To add to it, not only does it give my lashes its volume hence a fuller look, it also managed to lengthen my lashes.  I only need one mascara to do both which is great as I normally need to use two mascaras, one for lengthening, another for volumising.


Also, you can definitely apply more than 2 coats to build up the volume you need for your lashes to create a natural or more dramatic look.  It doesn't clump your lashes at all as you apply more if you are a greedy person like me when it comes to the lashes work.  This mascara I picked up is also waterproof and they don't smudge on me.

My painfully short and sparse eye lashes at its natural state

After a few coats of the Max Factor Clump Defy mascara (only), my lashes are visibly longer.


Although even with the help of my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and such a fantastic mascara, my lashes are too weak to curl up like others and I am not the best model for mascaras. However, I am very pleased about the final results - length and volume.



I can say that this mascara is a perfect choice for:
  • length
  • volume
  • water-resistant
  • no smudging
  • application
  • price


You can pick up this little beauty from Boots and Superdrug very easily, and they cost £10.99 and in my final opinion, worth every single penny.

What's your staple mascara?  Why do you like them so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment