Saturday 27 April 2013

Nail Polish Collection Episode 4 - Accessorize Nail Polish


Disappointing Products #1....(sad face)



Have you tried them before?

From left to right
50 Cinder Rose, 55 Khaki Folly, 53 Tuscan Clay, Heart Beat
All priced at £4

I first got my hands on these about 2 years ago.  I bought them with excitement as I truly am a fan of Accessorize.  I love all their jewellery, handbags, shoes, scarves, wallets..... So when Accessorize launched their makeup collections, I was like wow!  And as a nail polish junkie, I thought I would start from the nails.

BUT

I am really sad to say that after trying for 4 bottles, (actually 5 but the 5th one got so bad I had to throw them away) I think I made up my mind that I'm not giving them another go nor will I buy more from their range.

First of all, let's look at how they look on nails...




Actually they have some really nice colour range (over 50 shades available) also it came out fairly nicely, agree?  And there is no problem with the brush and I don't remember it particularly tricky to apply.

I just don't get on with any of them..... they chipped extremely easily.  One of the bottles I threw away because whenever I applied the colour on my nails, it turned matte instantly...... but that wasn't a matte formulation.  Furthermore, the nail polish tends to separate into layers inside the bottle, i.e. it has residual on the bottom of the bottle and you really have to shake it before applying them.  The colour also just doesn't last..... and they ended up looking very 'dull' on my nails....

Perhaps they have already improved their formula so I'm not doing any justice to the brand.  However there are nail polish which are cheaper than Accessorize's, e.g. Rimmel, Barry M, Natural Collection and even the latest brand I tried, Sinful which I already did a review on, they are all much stronger competitors to Accessorize's nail polish.

My guess is, by the time this post is up, I will have said my farewell to these pre-loved but disappointed products.....

Perhaps you had different experiences with them?  What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours! Sad that they were disappointing and I wouldn't be able to try them out because I live in Australia. x

    http://catatheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya, I do like the colours but so sad they aren't of good quality. Barry M and Loreal's nail polishes are much better as well as economical

      Delete