Sunday 14 April 2013

My Daily Makeup Platter

Welcome to my world of makeup officially!  Ahhhh it's a bit nerve wrecking as I'm no expert in doing my own makeup and am not very adventurous at all nor skilful.  However I've decided to put myself out there and see how people react and push myself to work a little harder in this department.

Since I'm not doing much these days, but I still enjoy putting a bit of makeup on when I leave my house to make myself look a bit more 'awake' and descent.  I want to share with you what I use daily these days on make up.

Without further ado, I want to introduce to you the beautyorbread's Daily Makeup Platter!


I say it is simple but when I have laid out all the items that I use to take this picture, I was surprised at actually the amount of products (dare I say chemicals) I'm putting on my face!  Anyway, every little helps!

Here's a run down of what I use:

On Face

  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation 
    • I use shade 51 Light Vanilla.  
    • This foundation is incredible and has become my holy grail product since I bought it 5 months ago.  
    • It provides a light to medium coverage and it is buildable.  
    • It gives your skin a dewy finish and long lasting.  It is priced at £10.99
  • Laura Mercier Undercover Pot 
    • I use shade 02.  
    • This little pot comes in 3 small compartments.  
    • Left hand side you have the concealer for spots/ blemishes which is a bit thicker in texture and works amazingly well.  
    • Right hand side is for covering under the eyes which is light in texture but I didn't find it extremely effectively to cover my dark circles occassionally.  
    • Underneath there is a compartment which contains powder to set the concealer applied on your face - handy, eh?  
    • It is priced at £29, slightly pricey but it's a All-In-One product which you can trust.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder -
    • I use the shade 001 Transparent.  
    • This product is amazing! I put it round my cheek area if I want to apply a powder form blush.  
    • It doesn't cake up your face even like me I have dry skin.  However I do avoid putting it round my nose area as it is the driest part of my skin.  
    • It is priced at £3.99 - amazing value for the quality of the product
  • Sleek Face Contour Kit
    • I use shade Light and it is priced at £6.49
    • I only use the highlighter from this set and I love it
    • I don't use the contour powder though because I realised it turns orange on my face which I'm slightly disappointed
On Eyes
  • MUA eye primer
    • It is priced at £2.50 
    • The packaging has changed now so watch out for that.
    • Perhaps my eyes aren't particularly oily so I didn't notice any difference whether or not I apply an eye primer or not
  • Makeup Forever Aqua Cream
    • It is a light gold colour which is great for everyday look.
    • It is also very easy to blend on the eyes then you're good to go
    • An alternative to this would be the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 HR in Eternal Gold
  • Rimmel Soft Kohk Kajal Eye Liner
    • It is in Sable Brown and priced at £2.99
    • This is my recent discovery of a brown eye liner which looks less harsh on my eyes but still effective in making my eyes look bigger and brighter!
  • Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Fatal Black Waterproof mascara
    • HR's products are not available in the UK unfortunately.  I bought this when I was travelling in Hong Kong a few months ago.
    • I'm not sure if I liked this one or not, it does give volume to my lashes but I am not a big fan of the wand!
  • Chanel Sublime De Chanel Waterproof Length and Curl mascara
    • It is priced at £24 so it IS pricey
    • It's great and it lengthens my horribly short lashes but I wouldn't say it is amazing and better than all other lengthening mascara including those from drugstore
  • Eye brow
    • It is an eye brow pencil from a beauty company (equivalent to Sephora in the US or a high-end drugstore in the UK) called Sasa.
    • It's a dark brown colour.
    • It's good enough to do the job
On Cheeks
  • Bourjois Je Taime Blusher
    • It is in shade 34 Golden Rose
    • It's pigmented and gives my cheeks a warm glow of rose
    • It smells nice too which is rare for a blusher
    • It is priced at £7.49
On Lips
Tools/ Brushes
  • Eye lash curler
    • It is my Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Holiday 2012 Collection eye lash curler 
    • I know it's one of the best out there but I am still searching for a better one!
  • Real Techniques Setting Brush (left on picture, pink one)
    • I use this brush to apply my highlighter
    • The brush is small and gives me the precise finish I need to highlight on my higher cheek bones, brow bones, the bridge of my nose and my chin.
    • It is priced at £8.99
  • Real Techniques Stippling Brush (middle on picture, pink one)
    • I use this to apply my blusher
    • It can be used to apply both cream and powder blushes
    • I super love this brush as it gives an air finish to my cheeks
    • It is priced at £11.99
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush (Top on picture, gold one)
    • I use this to apply face powder
    • It is precise and helps the powder to stick on my face
    • It is not individually sold as it comes from the Core Collection 1403
Here's the complete look...
Wearing Scarf from Zara

Wearing lip ring from Accessorize and Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail polish in Papaya
I hope you have enjoyed reading my first blogpost on makeup.

By the way, to summarise; my star products from the above are: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Face Powder, Revlon Superlustrous Lip gloss and Real Techniques Brushes.

What's your makeup look like and favourite makeup products?

No comments:

Post a Comment